NOTE: Changes made to the play list on December 8.
December 9 - Marathon Day
Here are the words to some of the songs we will be doing:
The program play list is:
1. Joy to the World- play and sing 1st and last verse that begins with 'He rules the world...'
The Little Drummer Boy- pay close attention on
the timing and we will sing all 3 verses.
Angels we have heard on high (Capo 3) - Play through once, Hammers play through, and then all together on the last time.
3. Special by Holts and Parsons
Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella- play and sing two
verses and sing softly on the second verse.
Deck the Halls- play through once and then play again and sing the first and second verse.
5. Still, Still, Still- play and sing all 3 verses, and then the Hammers will play a verse. Then we will all play & sing verse 3, AND we will play right on into Away In A Manger and sing 1st and last verses.
(important to know- Tull's music doesn't have the correct first verse. It should start with Still, Still, Still...and then Sleep, sleep, sleep, and ending with dream, dream, dream.
6. Special by Amy and Bob
7. Carol of the Bells (capo 4)- play it through 2 times.
8. Special by Holts and Parsons or Amy and Bob.
9. Silent Night- we will be tuned to DAD, but are playing the arrangement that Al has made for it to be in the key of G. You must remember that you can not play the regular version along with this. If you can't play the tab, there is a Lyric and chord sheet with the correct chords. See the information above.
Now, here's a few things to remember:
We are singing more this year than we usually do, so PLEASE PLAY SOFTER ON YOUR INSTRUMENT. Also, if you sing sit closer to the front and close to other singers.
Wear your Club shirt. If you don't have one, wear a red or green shirt.
Wear your best SMILE and look like you are having a good time!
You will need to bring a chair for when we sing at the Pittsburg Hospital.
10:00 a.m.-Mt Pleasant Public Library
213 N Madison Ave
11:30 a.m. - ETMC-Pittsburg *YOU WILL NEED TO BRING YOUR CHAIR
2701 Hwy 271N
12:00 p.m. - Lunch @ Pizza Inn or hospital (may be a short program at Pizza Inn)
2:15 p.m. - Mt Vernon House Assisted Living
502 Meadowpark, Mt. Vernon
3:30 p.m.-First National Bank- Mt. V at 3:30
101 West Main Street
Mt. Vernon, TX
With the exception of the MP Library and the First National Bank of Mt. Vernon, all program locations have been informed that the times are approximate!